Monday, June 21, 2010

Great Problems to have

265. Arguments. This is on the list? Yes. Two children were arguing over who was going to WASH THE KITCHEN FLOOR. "I want to wash the floor." "Get out. It's my room. Get your own room." Tell me that's not wonderful.

266. Water in the Basement. Which actually turned into win win win. There is a sump pump in the front basement window well. It did its job great! I thought there was a sump pump in the back window well. There wasn't. The window well filled up during a four inch rain and overflowed into the basement.
Mostly all there is between there and the drain is plastic food storage buckets. But this time there was so much laundry there. . . Well, the water didn't have a chance to make it over to the carpeted half of the basement. (WIN)
And the laundry got done much more quickly than usual. (WIN)
And because there were a few cardboard boxes of cans, and we wanted it to dry out quickly (cue the fans) part of the basement was taken apart and vacumned - forced spring cleaning that I tried to avoid earlier this year. (Clean basement - WIN).
Which just goes to show there may even be a silver lining to a small stream in the basement.

267. Unexpectedly hiring children to work for me. My budget says, really? But when you have a motivated child who has finished their regular chores and then looks around for things to do to earn money. And you get this

and this(which had been overflowing) and this.

You say, OK. (Still need a picture of drawer for hair stuff. It's a thing of beauty.) Hopefully by the end of the summer we'll be out of projects! We can hope!

(Dream Dream Dream. Can you you hear the Everly Brothers? (I thought it was the Beatles, but I looked it up))

2 comments:

  1. As much as I love the stages my kids are in now, sometimes I can't wait for them to get just a little older! :D Enjoy your clean house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous - in 15 minute increments. Then everyone gets home and the couch looks like it exploded again. But I will admit that having children old enough to help with the cleaning and organizing is heavenly! I am loving it! The downside is that they are growing up so fast. I thought I was paying attention and loving each stage. So how are we so far along already!? I want them to stay as they are for a lot longer. I think this is the funnest stage of being a mom yet. We have awesome conversations, and I love them to death. I can tell this is going to be one of the years I don't want them to go to school because I'm going to miss them all so much.

    ReplyDelete

Followers