Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Fun - Part 2 (I'm not sure how many parts there will be. Probably lots.)


276. This beautiful face. That comes to visit me three times a week with her siblings. I have watched them for the past 5 years or so. It's interesting how things change when they are at my house. Today we had birthday doughnuts for a child with a mild case of Summer Doughnut Obsessive Disorder. Everything this summer has been - "Can we get doughnuts?" Hopefully the two Krispy Kremes everyone got today will ease the symptoms for a little while.

277. Youth Conference Enthusiasm by the oldest. This year they did a pioneer trek. Several youth in our ward loved the authenticity and costuming. Two days in the hot sun with handcarts. She had a great time.
277. Sewing. She made her dress and a bonnet for the experience. I helped unpick everything I told her to do wrong. It seemed only fair. (It helps to actually read the pattern and not just try to wing it from memory.)
A little later in the summer, Lou got inspired and made this skirt.

She picked out one of the fabrics last year and was going to make it for our gigantic vacation trip. A year later it was finally time. Now I have three more girls wanting to make skirts. They are all cut out, and one is half done. I'll post pictures when they're finished. I'm so excited to use up my stash on something so fun and useful. I love watching flat pieces of fabric become 3D pieces of wearable art!

And just for fun

279. Shoes I Saw. Out looking for Pioneer and EFY clothing I came across these little beauties.

I had to take a picture.

Now look closer.



Anyone have ideas for the perfect outfit to go with Cartoon Unicorn Shoes? Smiling and shuddering, it's a fine line, really.

1 comment:

  1. comon- you could have found a place to wear them :)

    Love keeping up with you guys through your blog- but we really do need to talk sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Followers