Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oh Bleck!

Well that was fun.  The whole groove thing lasted a whole oh, three or four hours.

If I'm generous it may have been almost 24.

It was such a nice feeling.  On top of things.  Accomplishing. 

And..... we're back.


I know your just supposed to fake it til you make it.  I will.  Eventually.

Mananged to get through the presentation this weekend without quite killing my partners.

They came through in the end.  One by the skin of his teeth.

I rated his work as satisfactory on our peer review.

I was nice.

But then, he does do well on presentations.


Meanwhile I missed hanging out with friends who were celebrating each other.  YUCK!

I miss just doing things with people.  Fun things.

My whole life right now is taken up with my kids' activities and other activities, at least in the evenings.
I'm cutting some back.  But really I think that will just take things back to a dull roar.
Although it's true the time I'm saving will probably go into exciting things like actually having clean laundry and dinner made.

I feel like I'm on the edge of about four groups of people. Need to make time to make those more in depth.

And I'm not very good at keeping up social things for the kids either.  I wish I was.


Next topic - Had a meeting with the kids.  Trying to come up with ways to save so that we might possibly make it to a family reunion this summer.  Probably no swim team this summer unless the girls want to pay for it themselves. Though I really want to make that work.  As long as the roof and the car hold out it will probably work.  They are going to have to hold out until I'm done with this grad school thing.
 If it's possible I'll will them into staying put and in good working order.

Think Vulcan Mind Meld. You. Will. Be. Fine.

Mr. C. walked around on the roof last week because he was looking at fixing gutters.
They'll have to stay not fixed.
The roof was bowing under him a little.

I don't think that's a good sign.

The next night I had a dream about taking down soft sheetrock in an attic.

Luckily we don't have a working attic.  So it must have been another house.

Right?

I do really feel that this is the right thing for me to do right now.
So I'm having faith that all will work out.

We gave everyone responsibilities to help out.  Things like getting up early and making breakfast that's not cold cereal.  Making sure we walk to school whenever possible, etc.

We have a plan. Now we have to work the plan.

Anyway, cheerier stuff tomorrow.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers