Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fun in the Neighborhood!

There have been lots of things this week that I remember laughing and thinking - that could be my thing for the day that makes me smile! I can't seem to keep many of them in my head for longer than an hour or so. I want to. Unfortunately, that doesn't make it so. But maybe I can figure out one or two.

27. More Empanadas! With rice and Black beans. The S's cooked for us again! Oh my. Yum. I really need to learn how to make these. It's fun to get together with them. So far, they provide the main dish. We cut up a cantaloupe and host the party and send them home with fresh tomatoes. I think we are SO getting the better end of this deal. I really think we should keep them as friends.

28. The S-Train's pictures at Back to School Night. I'll try to get a picture to post tomorrow. Apparently the STrain is the center of all things. My unnamed child and sisters a close second. Mom and Dad are ghostly figures who hang out in the background and drive us places and feed us. (I took pictures and talked to his teacher. Apparently the S-train got tired and she had to encourage him to keep going so that there were six people in his family.)

Also, we walk to school a lot. The S-Train had the only picture of getting to school with a crosswalk. And the people in the cars have cross bars on their windows. Apparently getting stopped at the stop light can be a big deal in others' cars. There were lots of big stop lights in some kids' pictures. I wonder if it's good that they can't spell yet?

And of course, school is where we learn colors.

29. Tennis matches. And my unnamed child looking so grown up in her tennis uniform. Wow. I don't want to blink! If I do, there she'll go! Which is really making me misty, not making me smile. But - funny tennis pictures are.

30. Captive Audiences. Sunday NS came home with us because her parents had to leave early. My daughters wanted to introduce her to the joys of "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown." They played songs for her. Then it turned into acting out the songs with N for an audience on the couch. They all had parts and actions to the words worked out. We had them move on to more interactive things pretty soon, but boy were they enjoying their impromptu audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers