73. Two New Cousins for my kids! - one first, one second cousin. On the same day! - Monday. I don't know if the parents of the second cousin know we know about him - but that's what happens when you publish a blog. Your family finds out stuff. Like new babies! What could be happier? It was a great weekend for the family. Two new babies, a baby blessing, and an ordination. New babies and new deacons. I love happy celebrations of life.
74. Hanging out with my kids at night. Sat on the couch and read books with the S-Train and Lou. Quizzed the unnamed oldest on English grammar, Chinese and geography. She has lots of tests this week. It is the end of the quarter after all. We have a good time together. I always heard teenagers were hard. Maybe there's some hard part later - but right now we're just having fun together. There just isn't enough time left. Hmmmm. I'll have to make one of the next two nights Sue's night. Last night she was just all quiet and reading up in her room.
75. Going on the youth temple trip last Saturday. I just love being in the temple. Just breathing the air there does me good. It doesn't matter that I spent almost the whole time in the bathroom directing people to showers and handing out towels. That was so wonderful! It's like a warm blanket around your shoulders, only you breathe it in too, and it calms you down and warms you up inside. I could live in temples.
76. The temple trip was also timed right because it coincided with tomato sauce making day. Apparently the S's came over and helped with making 48 pints of tomato sauce. They took home a bunch and the kids had a great time here. I missed it. That's too bad. ;-) I love having homemade tomato sauce. I always feel like I'm feeding my kids something healthy and organic when we have it. But boy making it is a long hot day. Thanks to all who participated. Especially from those of us who didn't, but will get to enjoy the sauce anyway.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(39)
-
▼
October
(9)
- 89. Halloween! Even though it's not officially H...
- Fun Fall Activities
- I haven't posted for a whole week! Probably becau...
- 77. Fun videos! As usual, R has come up with som...
- 73. Two New Cousins for my kids! - one first, one...
- Small Things
- Energetic Children
- Two months in and still publishing!
- Being Looked After
-
▼
October
(9)
No comments:
Post a Comment