Friday, October 23, 2009

I haven't posted for a whole week! Probably because it's been RAINING the whole week. My oldest is in heaven (loves these rainy days.) I am not. Can I just see the sun??! There wasn't a whole lot that made me giggle out loud this week. It was really rather ordinary. Which we are very grateful for. But we will find a few things to fill in a post.

82. Cleaning and the Farmer's Market. That was our Saturday. We were all home during the day. I took Sue and Lou with me to the farmers' market to get veggies for the week. I got some good pictures. The farmer who's veggies I took pictures of, said he once had a man come and take picture after picture of what he had with his cell phone camera. Then he conferred with his wife on the phone about what she wanted him to get.


Then I came home and had everyone clean like mad. They called it Fall Spring cleaning. Which it was. But the house was driving me CRAZY! It needed it bad. The good thing about this is that we got a lot done. And the house has stayed cleaner than usual this week. We cleaned out closets and baskets and off table tops. We moved furniture and washed the floors underneath and under the rug. The couch even finally (after 2yrs.) got its new feet!! Thanks Mr. C! The bad thing is that now my expectations are higher, and after all that work, I'm grouchy when it gets messed up. The other sad thing is that there is STILL SO MUCH TO DO! We worked all day and mostly did the main floor. And there is still more we could do there. And yet, I'm not rushing to do it - I'm typing my blog.

83. Friends who will pick you up in the rain. One day this week, the S-Train and I decided to walk to pick up the girls. It had been cloudy, occasionally sprinkling all day. There was no reason to suppose it would not continue to do just that. And a walk in the fresh air with a few drops never hurt anyone.

At about half-way there it started to sprinkle. By a little over half way it was clear that it was not just sprinkling anymore. And we were starting to get wet. I was wondering how long we were going to have to wait at the school before we wouldn't end up looking like wet poodles on the way home. The S's came by and gave us a lift in their suburban. Such nice friends. The kicker - it wasn't even time to pick them up. I'd forgotten about math club after school that day.

84. The S-Train's request to his Sister. Write Upside Down, but not Upside Down! It took me a minute.

85. Coming up with bulletin boards for the book fair. This was very fun. Sue and Lou helped me put it up. Destination Book Fair. Read around the World. is the theme. So we came up with lots of places from books and found pictures or maps of them and posted them on our bulletin board. Monday I'll post names of books, a week later names of places, then I'll connect the three with string and it'll be fun to see what you knew already. We had everything from Chincoteague to Neverland.

What places in books can you think of?
Especially ones that I can get maps or pictures of. So far we have - with the two above - the Cay, Wonderland, Luster, Narnia, Mr. McGregor's garden, the Hundred Acre Wood, Green Gables, Little House on the Prairie, Island of the Blue Dolphins, Hogwarts, Oz, AlCatraz, Geopolis, a BoxCar, a Treehouse, and possibly a few others I'm forgetting. I've got some more suggestions from Mom, that I still need to find and get up, but do you have anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers