But my sister, who is home with a 286. New Baby, told me she needed some entertainment and asked me to finish strong. So I'm going to do some recap/catchup posting and see if I can finish this year. Then I have to decide if I want to do the same format for the next year. I'll admit, this has been a fun way to remember all the happy things in my life.
So I'm going to publish a few things and schedule a few posts and see what I can do about finishing up the original 365.

287. Pickles. We canned over 52 quarts this year. Mr. C. says all we need is a a quart a week and we have our year supply. We had so many cucumbers that by the time they were done growing we started giving them away. The funniest part was when we told some ward members they could come get cucumbers. I went out with them and we could not find as many as Mr. C. said were out there. When he came home he said, "You just aren't looking hard enough." Right. We looked. Imagine my surprise when he walked in with another grocery bag full. He says they hide and you have to know where to look. Apparently. Because they weren't there when we looked!!
288. Pickles, part II. The unnamed oldest likes to call people pickles. or green beans. She also uses vegetables in places where others might use the Lord's name in vain or swear. She is rubbing off on people. Some of her friends have caught themselves doing the same thing. She's a trend setter! Wouldn't it be nice if all the teenagers you knew just said the name of a vegetable when they got angry instead of swearing?
289. Texting lingo as conversation. She is also setting a trend by saying "question mark?" when she doesn't understand what someone means, or when something odd is said. It's the equivalent of texting "?". The ironic thing is that we are way behind the curve at our house and she started saying this long before she had a phone to text with!
290. Bobby pins. And one more about the oldest. One day she was fussing because she had put her hair up and it was coming out because she "only" had seven bobby pins in it. Only. Oh to have these problems!
And that's my little first catch up post. I'm looking through my pictures to figure out the next ones. Because I've waiting so long to post, I'm kicking myself because I have funny children, and I know I'm missing some great stuff because I didn't write it down. At least I know that life is good and I'm missing funny things, not tragedy.
No comments:
Post a Comment