
291. Sleeping outside. That new uber-tree house has given us a place to sleep outside above the chiggers! Mr. C. doesn't mind sleeping out there - particularly when he runs an extension chord from the house to a fan in the window of the tree house! Usually we can fit 3 or 4 people up there. It's so nice on a beautiful summer night. Although Sue prefers her climate controlled and older backs are starting to protest at such treatment, everyone got a turn sometime this summer. Now the weather is just right for sleeping bags, but I think we're moving inside for the season.
292. The oldest had a great time at EFY.
And got to be there with friends from the ward. Crazy that she's getting old enough to go away for a week already. I think I'm in denial. The band is supposed to go to Germany this year. At first I thought - that's too far and she's too young. Then I found out there are several days in Paris. Now I want to be a chaperon!293. Lou had a great birthday. First a bit with family and friends with a drive-in movie on her birthday.
Then more friends over for an icecream party. We played minute to win it games, tast-tested ice cream, and built sundaes right on the table cloth. We gave them the option to eat with chopsticks, or face first.
OK, we did give them spoons. They had a great time. My favorite quote was from a girl at the party. "I'm neat. This is wierd." I know honey. Tomorrow it's all back to being normal.294. The annual trip to the fountains.
Candy from the bulk candy store and a trip to the crayola store included.At the end of it I felt a little like Maria.
If only I knew how to teach them to sing in harmony!295. Parks were a big part of the summer. This is only one of the crazy pictures we got on the zip line.

More catching up later!
No comments:
Post a Comment