Monday, October 25, 2010

The unfairness shopping with your husband

297. Family Pictures. We had family pictures last weekend. We won a photo session last year at the school carnival. So - for the first time in - well - ever - we went on location with a professional for our own little family pictures. I stressed way too much about it. I looked through our clothes and shopped for over a week.

I put the shopping off as long as possible. I'm not a big shopper. But I wanted coordination. I wanted to get this right. It could be a couple of years (or longer!) before we do this again. It felt like it took forever to figure out the options.

(To add to the stress, we had to get up EARLY to get there for an 8am photo shoot. And it poured the night before. I woke up with my heart racing when the rain stopped and it got quiet.)

The night before I still had nothing for Mr. C. to wear. Or at least nothing I really liked. Ick! I had looked and looked and just couldn't find anything in the colors I wanted. I wanted him to wear a brown sweater and a white dress shirt. Finding a sweater that looked like my husband would actually wear it - yeah. Not happening. He's not big on sweaters. So my mom talked him into a brown blazer. Great idea, except - we didn't have one.

So - Friday - with a photo shoot at 8am and most stores closing in a half an hour, we took off to the store. As we walked in he said, I want this type of blazer. I said, sure Honey. Thinking - right. We'll be lucky to find anything. He walked into a jacket on a great sale that fit him perfectly and was EXACTLY what he said he wanted. Which I didn't think they even CARRIED. You would have thought he'd been shopping for weeks. Nope. 15 minutes. 20 tops. GRRRRR.

OK. So, while I'm happy it all worked out and he looked great, I'm so JEALOUS! How will he ever learn to feel my pain?

ps. The rain had mostly dried and the light was wonderful. It all worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers