Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Lights

322. My candles. I found some plastic Christmas window candles this year. A steal at 50 cents each! The very BEST part about them is that they have little light sensors built in. Every night they turn themselves on. Every morning, they turn themselves off. They are battery powered, so I'm not worried about chords. And - a bonus - they flicker like real candles! I LOVE coming home in the evening or the morning after seminary to see their happy shining glow. It reminds me of times long ago when candles in the window were a guide home and a signal that someone was waiting for you. It reminds me of the tradition of leaving a candle in the window for the Christ child at Christmas. As I remember these things, I want my home to be a place where my family feels that someone is always waiting for them, and I want to make it a place where we look for Christ in our lives and see Him in everyone who comes to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers