Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Dances

323. Arby's Dipping Sauces. They make me happy. They make my taste buds do little happy dances as I combine my horsey sauce with my golden mustard on the curly fries. Their little happy dance is a perfect little lunch treat after. . .

324. FINISHING THE GRE!! And - oh yes - doing so well. It doesn't seem right to toot your own horn. We are supposed to be humble and unassuming. But - It feels so good after struggling just to keep up with the laundry and the S-Train's creativity, and trying to fit my own creativity somewhere in the middle of dishes and yelling at the kids to "Close the DOOR," to actually go somewhere and do something terrifying (like math after fifteen years of math atrophy. - Oh, by the way, good thing I've been helping with 5th and 6th grade math homework - I've got decimals and fractions DOWN!) and come out of it with a result that says, "Oh, by the way, even though you feel like a bit of a slow top when it comes to running your house, you are ACTUALLY PRETTY SMART." Whew. It's done. I'll have normal conversations with my children that don't sound like. "Sorry. I can't. I'm studying." Now, where did I really want to go to school?

We will now take you back to our regularly scheduled program called - "Getting Ready for Christmas. One week and counting."

2 comments:

  1. When quickly reading I read "Finishing the GRE" As "Fishing the GREE" I was expecting a fishing story. Oops - reread - Ahh. Congrats!!! You are AMAZING! I'm very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it'd be someone else's fishing story because I don't do Fish!

    ReplyDelete

Followers