342. Class - Went to orientation and my first grad school weekend of classes. Talked about so many interesting things that my head is still spinning. Met lots of interesting people and got a lead on some organic eggs. Met a girl who does bookbinding and someone I had in a previous class. Lots of good connections made. Plus, went to Chipotle for lunch. YUM. Being in school feels so right right now.
343. Seeing old friends - There were a few good friends in town for the weekend, or at least part of it, and some who are always here that we don't get to see often. Got to see most of them and catch up at a wedding reception. It feels good to renew old relationships.
344. Wedding Receptions - I was so disappointed that I didn't get to go to the wedding. I had it worked out with my teacher that I could go to the wedding in St. Louis and then come to class late. I had been nervous to ask about it, because I didn't want to come across as the slacker, uncommitted student, but when I woke up dreaming about it, I decided I needed to ask. Well, the S-Train got strep and had to wait until he'd been on antibiotics for 24 four hours before he could go back to school. Of course, that was just before time for class orientation. And Mr. C could NOT take off work - lots to do there. So - Sick child trumps all - and we stayed home for the morning. In reality, it was probably better for my school career that I was there, and having to stay with my boy just made it so that I felt sad about not being able to go - but not guilty. I think that was probably a tender mercy. It was still hard to see a picture of the bride with all her former YW leaders except me.
At least I got to be there for the reception. Beautiful. So many came together, once again, as they always do at these things. And I got to see the
345. Fabulous photography. The wedding pictures were gorgeous, and now I know who I want to do my children's weddings. WOW. Stunning shots.
And I got to hear that my
346. Crazy Wedding present - (part of it was an anatomy coloring book. I saw it at the book store and thought of the bride because she was dreading an anatomy class) was actually appreciated and not just silly. (She was going to go buy one! Who knew?)
347. More missionary farewells. There was one two weeks ago. The latest soon to be elder even flew in from Abu Dabi to speak to us. By the end of June there will be 12 full time missionaries out from our ward. After that there will be a lull. I'll miss hearing that joyous "Called to Serve" chorus coming at me for awhile.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment