Monday, January 24, 2011

Laughing Out Loud

I like laughing out loud.  I want to laugh out loud more often.  I think it's good for me.  Here are a couple of things that cracked me up today.

348.  Church Shoes.  We got half-way to church before I turned around enough to realize what the S-Train was wearing on his feet.  Blue Moon Boots. Bright blue moon boots.  I said, "Do you have Sunday shoes?"  He looked at me guiltily and shook his head.  I said, "That's what you're wearing?"  He sort of nodded.  I rolled my eyes. "Well, then you'll have to keep them on all of church.  You might get hot.  But that's what happens when you wear boots to church."  Then I turned around.  And caught Mr.C's eye.  And totally cracked up.  I tried to stop, really I did.  I'm not sure how to teach appropriate church-wear, when I think it's so funny I can't keep a straight face.  Later I found out he didn't even have socks on.  Can you say, "stinky feet?"  I guess I need to make sure I look this kid over before we leave the house. Oh well,  I think I'm just glad he had a coat and there were no light sabers involved.  At least no socks means they matched!

349.  The Prairie Home Companion Joke Show.  Apparently I like knock knock jokes.  (Mostly because they're the ones I remember.)  New favorites.

Knock Knock
Who's There?
Owl's go.
Owl's go who?
Yes they do.

Knock Knock.
Who's There?
Cow's go.
Cow's go who?
No, cow's go moo.

I know.  I know.  I'd groan myself if I didn't giggle when I heard them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers