4. Medical Genes Kick In. I always knew Lou had a lot of R genes. I saw them come out last night. She definitey had that decisive, calm-under-pressure thing going on.
Mr. C. had the older two at church, and our youngest two were going to stay with a neighbor while I was at writing group. Our neighbor's work had gone long and she would be a few minutes late, so we told them to put on a movie until she could get there. They are almost 11 and 7. That should be fine for 15 minutes, right? If they needed anything we have other awesome neighbors they could get help from. But what could happen in 15 minutes?
At my group I get a call.
"Mom. . . The S-Train's throwing up."
I wait for the hysteria and prepare myself to dash for the car.
It never came. "I've got him on the couch with a bowl." (and had the couch covered with a sheet and a towel under his head.)
"Why don't you get him. . . "
"I got him some sprite and he's watching a movie."
Situation under control. Anything I was going to suggest, she'd already done. She even had the whole hand washing thing wrapped up.
I felt confident enough about how she was handling things to stop at the library on my way home and pick up movies we had on hold for the S-Train so that he could have them for his sick day.
I did get another call on the way home. "He's throwing up again." She just put the used bowl in the bathroom for me and got him a new one.
I told we'd be enrolling her in nursing school when I got home.
We'll do medical school next year.
Good thing she played Clara Barton in her class play.
I brought her brownies.
nice!! That's awesome! She so deserves brownies! Good for her :o) haha wrong fifteen minutes...what luck!
ReplyDelete