A fourth grader at our school passed away this morning. I've written here about their family before. They have made their journey this last year one of inspiration and laughter and hope and treasuring the small sweet moments of life. They have held up with more grace and love than I can say. They are loved and supported by a great school community. I read the comments on their blog this afternoon after I found out with tears running down my face. I met people at school who couldn't talk, they had just pulled themselves together.
I find myself wishing I would just enjoy my children instead of fussing at them. Why do I find myself scolding when I don't mean to? I need to just let go of the need to whip them into responsible people a little and enjoy. (that whole tiger mother thing notwithstanding) I'm hugging them a little tighter today. I'm trying to remember to smile and laugh with them.
Mostly I'm crying inside for this sweet family.
On another note, if you read this before noon or so, say a prayer for Mr. C. He has until two to finish the fine tuning on the big document he has been working on for the past couple of years. He has been working Saturdays and 8-11 hour days for the past couple of weeks. He worked all weekend and is still up there tonight. I think he'll just catch some sleep up there. Pray it all goes well and that his memory and the computers are working at peek efficiency.
So sorry. I've heard you speak of them many time and the many activities the school/community has done to support them. How are your kids taking it?
ReplyDeleteWe'll keep their family in our prayers, and if it's not too late, Mr C too.