Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Vent

This is not something that makes me smile.  This is a vent.  I am in charge of Chat n Chew at our school this year.  I did it last year too.  Last year things seemed to go fine.  This year everything is running smoothly except 2nd grade.  2nd grade has a cloud over its head.  Especially one poor teacher's class.  I don't understand it.  Everything that can possibly go wrong has gone wrong - in her class.

In every other grade I am hearing how smoothly things are running.  I am hearing how neatly it is working.  I hear the kids are having a great time.  In 95% of the school all is well. (Or at least, that's what they tell me.)

Meanwhile, for school I have a group project and one of our three members is MIA.  The other took a week to get back to me.  I'm ready to scream.

And - well.  I could go on and list things, but I think I'm tired and crabby.  I'm going to bed tonight at 6.

The funeral (life celebration) for Mason was yesterday.  Lou was upset because I wouldn't let her go since she'd been throwing up the night before.  She did her own thing to say good-bye on her own at the house.  It was sweet and beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry things are crazy.
    Glad to hear the vent, I want to know what's going on no matter what it is. Smiles and vents.

    Can you tell me what chat and chew is. I get the general idea but don't know exactly.

    You can do it! You can do it! You can do it!
    I'm rooting' for you! (and I was a cheerleader, that counts double...maybe even triple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. chat n chew means that kids are put into groups that read a book on their own time. Then a parent comes and discusses the book with them at lunch. The younger grades read a book a week. (If we give them longer they completely forget and we don't get the books back.) The older grades have longer books and two weeks to read them. The last week they meet for lunch they get a pizza party. We have a great Pizza Hut here that actually lets them choose toppings for their individual pizzas. It's really a great program and one that I like to see continuing. We like to have books by authors that have series or lots of other books. That way it gets the kids interested and coming back for more books!

    ReplyDelete

Followers