Thursday, January 21, 2010

Outer Space and Inner Space

145. The Star Trek Movie. Mr. C and I watched the movie a little while ago. The scene where Kirk is having an allergic reaction while trying to warn the ship about a trap cracks me up every time I think of it. His hands are swollen up like surgeon balloon gloves, his tongue is going numb, and McCoy keeps shooting him in the neck with another medicine, saying things like, "Numb tongue? I can fix that!" Also - the hobbit as Scottie is very funny. Some great lines. "I like this ship! It's very exciting!"

146. Critique Group. Another meeting. More inspiration. We shared writing goals and voted on a name. We are now Kindred Scribes. Thanks for the name, D! Then we went over the last chapters in H's book. I'll share links when it gets published. It's a cute, funny book. When it comes out, you really should buy it for the middle grade kid in your life. H was so generous with her home and her time, and gave out extravagant prizes just for fun. (It needs to be her turn next!) It is really a terrific time to be together and inspire each other. I'm so blessed to know these sweet ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers