Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Poetry to promote good Karma

129. A Poem. I wrote this one during Nanowrimo. In the middle of the night. At the end of a long day. Today is a snow day. (Even though it hasn't started snowing!!!) I think it'll be fun! After I publish this and get cleaned up, we're off to the library.

Because time cannot eat my lunch without my permission.

I solemnly declare a day of freedom from.

From laundry

From dishes

From carpools

From washing of any kind.

From ought to’s, and should haves, and need to’s, and all those burdens we lay on ourselves with heavy words.


I declare a day of freedom to

To care

And wash

And drive

And clean the world and lives of those I love into a gentle peace of calm and orderly places.

Of light loads and easy roads and hands red with love

A day of I will, I want to, I’m going to, I did.

Because outside, results may be much the same. But inside, I will be much different.


For some reason it's double spaced. I don't know why. It wasn't where I brought it from. I'll have to do a little html investigating to figure out why. Have a great Day! It's still below 10 degrees here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers