Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Flower Face Button confusion possibly resolved!

I think I may have figured this out. It took me awhile to get the flower button to work. I guess at some point I turned off the face recognition, but didn't realize it, and poof! Like magic, the white focus square I had been looking for appeared! I think at some point face recognition got turned on and I didn't realize it. So I confused the face recognition square (green) with a focusing square (white) and that is what has been driving me nuts! I thought I was focusing when it thought it was recognizing faces.

Also, the macro (flower button) won't work with face recognition on. Apparently they are mutually exclusive. (No close up faces!) So - I didn't know the difference and have just been frustrated. I think this is a case of "really cool camera gets ahead of the person it is SUPPOSED to help."

But here are a couple of pictures from playing around with it this morning.
MUCH better! and...
(What ARE these?)
And one more to show evidence of the crazy record breaking pollen count. (Notice the front flower is in focus and the back ones are blurry. THAT'S what I'm talking about!)
I guess the hard winter caused some trees to bloom late, so now they are all blooming at once! Sue's poor friend at school had to go home yesterday with puffy eyes and hives! I'm getting itchy just thinking about it! You know it's bad when the pansies and sidewalks are coated in yellow dust.

And a big thank you Tara who helped me figure this out from 1,000 miles away! (Just think what she can do when she's in your neighborhood!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers