
211. The yard. Oh the Yard! Mr. C has rototilled up everything, and planted the cold weather plants. Some from plants, some from seeds. We have cold weather veggies in, and pansies in the front planters. The zinnia seeds are planted, and he even brought me a raspberry bush!
Everyday something new pops out! The daffodils were gorgeous, but are almost gone. The grape hyacinths are out, and there are three types of tulips in bloom. (one kind is about gone, and one just barely bloomed today.) There is a different, ruffly daffodil out, and a mystery plant that is about to bloom. I can't wait to see what it is! New growing things. Ahhh.
212. Our neighbor, and our neighbor's yard. Mr. C had put out some flyers earlier in the winter offering to do snow shovelling or lawn care. Well, Tuesday, a neighbor called. He is the sweetest, funniest man. He turns everything into a joke. His 85th birthday is coming up. When he tried to mow the lawn that day, he fell and hit his head. (Got quite a goose egg.) He said it might be time to stop mowing the lawn. So Mr. C and the girls went over to take care of it. He was so sweet and kind. The S-Train tagged along with the bow he got one Christmas. Our neighbor showed the S-Train a bow he made out of lemon wood when he was a boy scout. He seemed to enjoy having the group around.
We'd like to get a consistent lawn per girl to mow this summer. That way they can earn their own money and learn a skill and how to work, etc., etc. Mr. C will go with them. I think it'll be a good mix all around.
I was at church for a luncheon and they had raspberries - I didn't realize how long it had been, but when i ate it, it transported me right back to grandma's yard! I really need to get outside in the yard, but feel guilty if the house isn't done first - and the house is never done :(
ReplyDeleteYou'll notice I talked about all the things Mr.C has done. Because I feel the same way - about the house being "done." That, BTW, is the beauty of bulbs. Some people in our ward said, wow, your yard looks great! Mr.C had only raked the leaves out of the flower beds at that point. Everything had been underground just waiting to explode once spring showed up!
ReplyDeleteThese are so beautiful Katie! Your yard is amazing and I am love reading your thoughts about SPRING!!!
ReplyDelete