Thursday, December 2, 2010

Major Accomplishments! (for me)

320. I Made My First Web Page!! This was SO hard and so fun. It took several intense days and all the avoidance I could possibly throw at it, but I got it done. They say that learning something new throws you into disequilibrium and it takes awhile to adjust to what you're learning and get your equilibrium back. Well, several times during this process I thought my brain was going to explode from trying to figure out what I was doing - but now I get it. I can now write a web page in BASIC html. I can even see how this could become easy if I kept at it. For some people, this is so elementary it hardly needs explaining. I needed to be walked through the process with baby steps.
So - here is my ugly little baby. You can get there by clicking here. (And there are even internal links to other pages!) There are lots of things I still want to add and tweak and, and . . . But it's a start!

Now I'm off to conquer the CLUTTER that has resulted from mom not paying attention to any sort of house keeping while working on her project for two days in the middle of putting up the Christmas decorations. Our house looks like a small bomb exploded. Most of the debris is Christmas related. Hopefully I'll have fought the extra stuff down to the basement by the time I have to take cranberry sauce up to the school for the fifth grade's Dickens Dinner.

3 comments:

  1. Very impressive web page! great Job!!! and as long as only a small bomb exploded in your house and not a really really big one your doing great :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The problem is - small bombs just keep going off! :) But that's OK. The Extra Christmas stuff made it down to the basement. Now as long as we don't go downstairs. . .

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete

Followers