Our mystery plant bloomed. Any idea what this is? A narcissus, maybe? A kind of daffodil?
Everytime I walk around the yard I find a new kind of tulip.
I had no idea we planted so many. Some may have been here before us, but who can tell now?And does anyone else slightly obsess over the new spring color on the trees?
I keep wondering how you would mix that. It's mostly white and yellow. But there must be a hint of blue somewhere in there to make it read green. Or is that just because it's sometimes next to darker green? (In this picture it looks yellow.) Maybe I'll have to ask the crayola people. They seemed to have nailed the spring green color.I also wonder why the color is so different than at other times of year. It's almost yellow now, and will get deeper and deeper green until late summer. Then things will get all olive and tired looking until fall.
I'm sure that if you asked a scientist why the colors are so different they would start spouting something about photosynthesis. I just wonder if the colors are made to match the mood of the season, or if the mood we have at some seasons of the year matches the colors around us.
On a side note, my camera is driving me crazy! Taking pictures of things close up doesn't work. It keeps focusing on the background. The tulip picture looks like that. And it's not as bad as a bunch of others I took. Anyone have any solutions for this with a point and shoot digital? Is there just a setting somewhere I need to find? Or do I need to be very very good and ask Santa for an SLR for Christmas?
I'm completely obsessed with that non-green-yellow-white-color that is all over the trees these days - Spring in Columbus is gorgeous! It's dangerous for me to drive anywhere -- I'm too busy starring at all the new bits of life. :) (side note - my point-and-shoot camera has a specific setting to use if I'm taking pictures of things up close - the icon is a flower - you might just check out your different settings. I get SLR envy at least once a week, but it's better to work with what I've got!) :)
ReplyDelete