But apparently not blogging leads to things like weepy introspection. Which, as we know, should be avoided at all costs, so we are back to chronicle the smiles in life.
First entry - getting in shape after hibernation.
204. Walking and Running. I've been doing this for years. But now I've taken things to a level that's been missing for about 4 years. It all started with Elder Bednar's talk. He talked about how Satan wants us to minimize our bodies. All right, I've been completely ignoring mine. Or whining about it with no action (somehow that didn't help, go figure.) I decided something must be done. And then, KG sent out an email encouraging people to train for the local half-marathon/10k/5k that is always on Saturday. (Yea for Saturday races!) I thought, oh, come on, but she promised there was a training schedule for all fitness levels. So I looked at the training schedule for walk/run and said, "I can do that!" So, now I'm walking and sometimes running. I'm planning on doing the 10K. I just don't think doing the 5K will motivate me enough to do the work that needs doing, and the half marathon is a little premature. The downside is that I didn't realize how much my shins would hurt!! They are rebelling, and it's going to take a little while to work up to running most of the way.
But it feels so good to be out in the fresh air. My body is saying, oh yeah, THIS is what we are supposed to be doing. It feels good to feel my muscles wake up, like sleeping beauty.
Mr. C has also started walking while waiting for the oldest at seminary and piano. He's getting in about 3 miles a morning.
Lou is also running. We go down to the school and run around the yard. She laps me, because I keep having to stop and stretch my shins out. She can run for a 1/2 hour straight now! There is a fun run next week. She is determined to get the most laps. There was one girl who got one more lap than anyone else last year. Lou says it's OK if she's behind her this year, as long as she's close - but next year....
205. Girl with a goal. Lou also passed the pull-up part of her physical fitness tests with two pull-ups putting her in the presidential category. Now we need to practice the shuttle run. She's never gotten to the presidential level there before, but she wants it bad.

(love how I positioned him just right, so he has an antenna!)
206. SOCCER! The S-Train and Lou are in soccer right now. The smile on the S-Train's face as he plays is about to split his face in half! He looks so happy. I think this may be a happy place for him. At his first game, I wasn't there to dress him. He definitely was wearing the shorts of an older sibling. Luckily they didn't fall off! He just kept hiking them up every so often!
haha I love it :o) I was so glad to find your blog because you were someone I was really missing and I wanted a way to keep in touch more easily! And then I found your blog! Woot! :o)
ReplyDelete