Monday, March 1, 2010

Not so smiling

If you are reading this, say a little prayer for Mr. C. One of his ear drums burst yesterday. The other one is still clogged up. He went to the doctor this morning. He's scheduled for the ENT this afternoon. His trip to Idaho (he's supposed to fly) is probably canceled. He may even need tubes in his ears.

But the funny side is that maybe we'll get him an ear horn. He's like a slightly deaf grandpa at the moment. WE HAVE TO SPEAK LOUDLY for him to hear us. So, we'll see how that all works out.

4 comments:

  1. Oh ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch -- that happened to me just before Halloween and it was MISERABLE -- I'm so sorry! I'll keep you all in my prayers (it's hard on the rest of you, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My mouth is still hanging open! I can't believe it - poor guy. We'll definitely keep him in our prayers. You had a lot of company at home these past couple weeks, huh. No time to be lonely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your prayers and happy thoughts. Hopefully this next round of medicine will help.

    Tara, how long before you felt better?

    And yeah, no lonely time. But I've been getting a lot done, so that's OK. (I've got a ton of laundry waiting to be folded.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ear drum burst a few years ago. My doc said it was more painful than child birth, and now that I've done child birth, I'd agree. Poor Mr. C. I hope he feels better soon. My doc says they won't do tubes after someone reaches the age of 4-5, so keep us posted on that one. I've been wanting that surgery for years! Hopefully he'll be able to get it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers