154. Watching old Doris Day, Rock Hudson movies with Mr. C. Ah, when the script and the situation made you laugh, without a laugh track! Old movies are like favorite old shoes. You can relax into them. And then the kids come down and want to know what you're laughing about.
155. Ordinary Days. I am in love with ordinary. We are all healthy. The kids are doing well. We make just enough to cover our needs. We have a home and three square meals. (Or - two square meals and cereal or toast or pizza, depending.) We have enough clothes. There are no major traumas in our life right now. Life isn't perfect, there are still bumps, but we are rolling along together comfortably enough at the moment. Especially after seeing all the devastation in Haiti, and knowing friends who have been going through major upheavals, I am grateful for ordinary.
156. Another exciting question. How tall is the sky? We researched this. Did you know that if you go more than 50 statute miles above the earth you are designated an astronaut? At about 75 miles up atmospheric effects begin to be felt on reentry, and 62 miles up is generally regarded as the boundary between earth and space. (at least according to wikipedia - the font of obscure knowledge.)
And - after you find that out - you are asked, but where does it start above our head? I don't know. Does it start at our feet? Where does it start to be called sky? hmmmm. Anyone? Anyone?
There have been other equally head scratching questions this week. I can't remember them all.
157. Dinosaurs. On my wall. As soon as I can find new batteries the camera will like I'll post some pictures. In the dining room, on the stairs, in the family room, we have dinosaurs. We have a T-Rex, a triceritops and a long neck. They are like the horse that Pippi Longstocking drew in school. There's no way they would fit on just one piece of paper. And the long neck could only find room on the stairs. There wasn't another free wall tall enough! Remember that tape? Lots and lots of tape.
and ps. The new picture on the header is from near Mr. C's parents' house.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(90)
-
▼
February
(15)
- Lots of Little Lights in the Darkness
- A Satisfying Day
- Yesterday, I shot an elephant in my pajamas....
- More chances to show love
- Exciting Evening Events (to me anyway)
- While the weather outside is frightful....We'll st...
- Random Thoughts from the Week of sickness
- 167. Building furniture. I haven't yet. But an...
- Ice Cream at the Rainforest Cafe
- Funny Pictures
- Large Group Meetings
- Things that Help make a Day Happy
- Never Try to Out Stubborn a Mother
- A few bits from the last week
- More Jokes
-
▼
February
(15)
No comments:
Post a Comment