158. Perseverance. We are working on consistency with chores. I am trying to put in a reward/consequences system for the S-Train that will work without yelling and without temper tantrums. All right. Don't laugh! The S-Train is trying his endurance against his mother's right now. He doesn't realize that he will lose. Ok, well, he's beginning to realize it. But - eventually the full light will dawn. Day 1 - I don't care if I can't earn computer time or TV time or outside time. I'd rather show that I am an independent human being by refusing to do my chores no matter the consequences! Day 2 - first 1/2 - I can't do any of those things and I lost a few toys? No big deal. Second 1/2 - Now I'm stuck in my room until I do my chores? All right. There's plenty to do up there. Day 3 - first 1/2 - More fun in my room until I do chores? Cool. Second 1/2 - Oh - I kind of want to come down. All right. I'll make my bed and clean up. But I'll make it seem like it's all my idea. End of day 3 - Still one chore to do - but mostly done, and I got to go to my sister's band concert. Maybe she'll forget that I need to do my chores tomorrow. After all, I did them once. Mua ha ha. Dream on little grasshopper. Dream on.
Today is day four. Nope. Chores and consequences still didn't change. Dang. I was sure we were done.
ps - Mr. C told the no i-deer joke at work. He says he's never going to live it down.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(90)
-
▼
February
(15)
- Lots of Little Lights in the Darkness
- A Satisfying Day
- Yesterday, I shot an elephant in my pajamas....
- More chances to show love
- Exciting Evening Events (to me anyway)
- While the weather outside is frightful....We'll st...
- Random Thoughts from the Week of sickness
- 167. Building furniture. I haven't yet. But an...
- Ice Cream at the Rainforest Cafe
- Funny Pictures
- Large Group Meetings
- Things that Help make a Day Happy
- Never Try to Out Stubborn a Mother
- A few bits from the last week
- More Jokes
-
▼
February
(15)
No comments:
Post a Comment