168. New Words?
Sue: If Brunch is breakfast and lunch, what do you call it when you put together breakfast and dinner?
Thinking.....
Unnamed oldest: A midnight snack.
169. Good Help. My mom had one of my brothers helping set up for a dinner after church. Another mother had her son helping as well. (They're about the same age. Married. My brother has three children.) They both gave their sons very specific directions. And they worked hard.
They were both at my mom's later after church. My mom came into the room and said, "Gentlemen, you have both been well trained by your mothers." They simultaneously stood up and said, "What would you like us to do?" She was just going to say thank you for your help. She and my sister-in-law laughed and laughed.
170. Modern medicine, and the fact that this is not my first rodeo. This is something that makes me grateful, more than makes me smile. The S-Train has pneumonia. He was home all last week with a fever. Laying on the couch and watching way too much television. Thank goodness we've done all this before. I don't have that slightly panicked feeling that sinks deep in your stomach that I did the first time he needed breathing treatments at home. Wondering if you're doing this right and if it will help. Nope. I know how this goes. And I Know it helps. And I know it will end. His class sent him cards. And his eyes almost look normal again. Thank goodness.
Lou is keeping us on schedule with the breathing treatments. Every time it gets close to time she says, "Doesn't he need a breathing treatment?" And of course, he does. She is going to make a great nurse someday, because every time she says that, he is asleep. As his mother, I am NOT going to wake him up. A nurse might, but I won't. I'm pretty sure that if he can sleep his body is fixing itself. I'll give him the medicine when he wakes up. It usually works out about right.
He's on antibiotics, and they seemed awfully thick compared to ones we have used before. I wanted to make sure they were mixed right. So we went to check with the pharmacy. No one else being home, I took the S-Train with me. The pharmacist said, "That one's really thick when you mix it. It's nasty stuff."
Then she looked at the S-Train. "I mean, it's really good stuff."
:-p
She mixed us a new one any way, just in case it hadn't been mixed right. But you can hardly pour it. Yum.
And Mr. C is sick as well. His sinuses have turned on him. He was hoping to feel well enough to go to work, but instead he went to the doctor and came home and slept. Very unusual behavior for Mr. C. Hopefully he'll be up and around soon.
The unnamed oldest is not getting sick. She is getting chapped skin from washing her hands so much. Hmmm. Sick. Dry hands. Sick. Dry hands. We'll take dry hands for 1,000, Alex.
171. Cake and cooking. Mr. C had a birthday. We had cake. Some friends - who we are pretty sure have been exposed to whatever this is already - came and ate cake. Mr. C got up for seconds. And their mom said, "He must be feeling better, if he's getting seconds."
The unnamed oldest said, "No, he'd be feeling better if he were cooking."
Mr. C can still eat cake when he feels lousy, but he can't cook. (Not that we'd let him cook on his birthday, anyway.) Happy Birthday, Mr. C!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(90)
-
▼
February
(15)
- Lots of Little Lights in the Darkness
- A Satisfying Day
- Yesterday, I shot an elephant in my pajamas....
- More chances to show love
- Exciting Evening Events (to me anyway)
- While the weather outside is frightful....We'll st...
- Random Thoughts from the Week of sickness
- 167. Building furniture. I haven't yet. But an...
- Ice Cream at the Rainforest Cafe
- Funny Pictures
- Large Group Meetings
- Things that Help make a Day Happy
- Never Try to Out Stubborn a Mother
- A few bits from the last week
- More Jokes
-
▼
February
(15)
No comments:
Post a Comment